Thursday, August 2, 2007

I have to have somewhere to get this off my chest.

No one reads this blog anyway, so here I can scream it from the rooftops.

I HATE ANIME!

I always have. I remember in junior high when all this business started with Pokemon... or wait even before that. I remember when Totoro came out when I was a little kid.

I am freaking sick of looking at it and hearing about it. It has taken over cartoon artform.

I hate the subculture it has caused here in America.
You are in America, deal with it. If you like Japan so much, Otaku, why do you marry it? Or just freakin' move there and leave me alone. I hate the little funny smiley faces it caused, I hate pocky, I hate it when people pepper their language with Japanese to sound cool

I know I am not suppose to complain. But no one reads this blog anyway. It is like me yelling into a hole that the king has goat's ears.

I have a friend in Japan. I respect their culture and I understand not all of Japan is like that. Why do we fuel the fire? Why do people buy that crap they brought over here?
It is like when the Japanese gave us Kudzu to help with erosion. Now it is everywhere. You can't kill it. Is this thing also impossible to kill?

What probably makes me a hypocrite is that I sell to these people.
I sew costumes for cosplayers to go to anime conventions and eat pocky and giggle like fangirls in.

I would love to just sew costumes of good American things, but there is no money in that.
Why oh why oh why?

Land sakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH. My. GOD.

I just had an Obiwan Kenobi moment.

I have trained you well, my child.


You know, when I was young, I used to draw Batman a bit too much, but not like some of my kids draw anime. I get drawings of huge eyes with irises as big as saturn. Then of course, they put them in a miniskirt.


What kills me is that the anime style is based upon American cartoons. The huge eyes were based off of Disney characters (Bambi, 7 dwarfs, etc).

My wife taught a kid who was completely enamored with Japan. She taught herself how to speak Japanese, died her pale blonde hair black, and now finds American culture inferior. She also has no social life and everyone at her college thinks she is a freak. Even the asian kids. I told Lee that she would get a PhD in Asian studies and end up being a manager at an anime comic shop.

Peyton said...

I guess someone does read this blog. I am glad that it is you.

There are some very intense people out there.
I need to find something else to do with what I have learned about sewing.